Saturday, April 12, 2008

Positive thoughts and prayers--Update # 46 from Rob

I would like to again, thank all of you who read this blog for your positive thoughts and prayers for Steve. As I have said in previous posts, his family has seen them work.

Sometimes they manifest themselves in a hand squeeze, a "thumbs up = yes" sign, foot movement, legs that have rested for 7 weeks now showing movement, hand and arm movement enough to shake hands with those in the room or reach out to touch his girlfriends' arm and then grab her hand as if to never let go, a wave "goodbye" to a friend, Brent R, who was leaving and a wave 'hello" to his Mom and Sister, and, a hand written note saying "pillow under feet".
People, All of these things were accomplished by Steve last night!
We do not know what tomorrow will bring, but I have a feeling things will start to get interesting right about now.
You may wonder how I could leave with all this going on, it was actually very easy, I left Steve in the hands of the three women that love him the most, his Mom, Sister and Girlfriend..........
Besides that, someone had to post the good news!

Rob

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can think of to say right now is YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!! - Laury

Linda said...

Good morning, everyone! Beth and Danielle slept in Steve's room last night and I stayed in the waiting room. It's 7 AM and I'm hoping they're all sleeping, so am waiting a bit before going in to see what's going on. We're so hopeful that last night's activity will still be present!! The most amazing thing to me was that he could write (in very tiny letters) when 8 hours earlier he couldn't even hold a pen. I'm also trying to remember who told us the "interrupting starfish" joke? I told it to Steve yesterday and he smiled! We'll keep in touch. Hope for good things today!

Love, Linda

Uncle Don said...

Thanks be to God!

Anonymous said...

GO STEVE GO!
CANDLES HAVE BEEN LIT FOR YOU FROM PARIS TO COPENHAGEN THESE LAST FEW WEEKS. WE STOPPED AT ALMOST EVERY CHURCH WE SAW!OUR PRAYERS CONTINUE NOW IN BORING OLD MISSISSIPPI!
LOVE YA LOTS,
AUNT KATHIE