Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Update #89 from Danielle

Hey everyone!!

Things have been very busy lately. As some of you may already know, I have decided to move to Chicago. Almost seven months ago now, these were my original plans and it's been very difficult to follow through. 
I want to take this opportunity, however, to thank every single one of you who still follow this blog and frequently touch base with Steve and his family. Your support throughout this whole process has truly been amazing. 
Even though I may be farther away in distance, Steve will continuously be with me in heart. I look forward to keeping in touch with him and everyone else as much as I possibly can. 
With that said, I had many random little videos of Steve still on my computer and was trying to figure out a way I could make sure everyone got a chance to view them. I figured out how to make short videos on my computer and put one together. Unfortunately, the file is too large to post on the blog so I posted a link to direct you. 
A couple video tips: 
#1: Be prepared and willing to download Quicktime or another viewing source. 
#2: You may want to give the video enough time to load before you play. 
#3: Make sure your sound is on!
#4: If you'd like this video for yourself please press the download button on the link to download onto your own computer. I believe I only have the subscription to the service for 2 months. 
.
.
I hope you enjoy watching this as much as I enjoyed making it. It really is incredible to watch just how fast Steve is improving over such a short amount of time. =) 
All my best,
Danielle

5 comments:

Uncle Don said...

Danielle,

We wish you all the best. May God be with you on your journey, and bless you always. You are a very special person! Best of luck & keep in touch!

Uncle Don & Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

That video is SO great! It brought tears to my eyes, but happy ones :)
Good luck to you Danielle! I'll miss ya!
-Lindsey

Anonymous said...

"There are two ways to live your life -
one is as though nothing is a miracle,
the other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

Steve, the wonderment and miracle of life live in your eyes. Your ending smile says more than the written words of a thousand novels. Once again, our lives have been simplified by the fact that you show on a daily basis more determination and grace than most of us muster in a life-time. From us, a prayer for continued strength and focus on the prize. Life has its beautiful moments, and this is one of them.

Love,
Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Rick

Chris Grant said...

Danielle:
Thank you so much for sharing this remarkably beautiful video. Even though we've never met, I can tell that you are a very lovely and special person. I'm sure that Steve and his family, as well as many of the staff at U Hospital, will miss you dearly. Good luck and may God bless you.
Steve, the only word I have for you is PHENOMENAL!!!
Your courage and determination are simply amazing!! You are definitely getting closer to that special day of walking back into The Dude to say Hello! Keep up the hard work!
Best wishes to all,
Chris Grant

Anonymous said...

We didn't want the day to pass on by without saying "Happy Birthday Beth!!!!"

Love,
Aunt Cheryl, Uncle Rick, Alexis, Alyssa and Ryan